Urgent Presidents' Day Recess Alert
From The Arc's national policy staff:
BREAKING NEWS - The House of Representatives is expected to introduce a bill to cut Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act on February 27 and to begin committee work immediately.
Congress will be on its Presidents' Day recess next week. We've got lots of ways to help you make this time count! Below is our advocates' "To Do" list for the week of Feb 19-25.
1. Attend Town Hall Meetings. Check out this great new resource listing all scheduled town hall meetings across the country. If your senators or representative have any scheduled next week, please attend and bring your staff, volunteers, friends, and family. Here are questions to ask your Members of Congress about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicaid.
- Congressman Dave Reichert (R, 8th Congressional District), Tele-town Hall, Thursday, February 23, 2017, 1:00 pm (PST), Facebook Live. Online town hall hosted by KCTS. https://www.facebook.com/repdavereichert/
- Congressman Adam Smith (D, 9th Congressional District), Town Hall, Saturday, March 4, 2017, 10 am (PST), Rainier Arts Center, 3515 S Alaska St, Seattle, WA 98118. NOTE: Space is limited so please RSVP by calling (425) 793-5180 or Toll Free at (888) SMITH09. You can also email email@example.com
3. Participate in our "#WeActWednesday" Social Media Campaign. The Arc has been sharing advocacy updates and resources on our Facebook and Twitter. Please share, like, and retweet on Wednesday!
4. Share Peter Berns' Huffington Post Article - Why You Should Care About Looming Medicaid Cuts - with your family, friends, and coworkers. This article published on February 14 breaks the issue down for the general public and advocates alike. Please share far and wide.