Please help us craft feedback for positions on education and self-determination
- You can take the survey here
- Survey closes Oct. 30
The Arc’s Policy and Positions Committee will be revising its positions on education and self-determination in the coming months. As part of this, the national office is asking for feedback from chapters.
By participating, you will be informing the positions of The Arc nationally and helping us here in King County to better represent your interests and concerns.
We will incorporate your survey responses into our chapter feedback to The Arc.
You can review The Arc's current positions here:
You can take the survey here.
- This article names four school districts noted for their success in working with students with disabilities.
- This review looks at the role of self-determination and career development in student outcomes
- This research article gives an overview of supported decision-making as an alternative to over-broad guardianship
- You might also be interested in exploring the website of the National Resource Center for Supported Decision Making. It catalogues resources and research that touch on both education and self-determination
NOT A MEMBER?
Join us! You can sign up for membership here. (Be sure to check the box toward the bottom of the form.)